Join Our Great Team!
by Portland Museum
Portland Museum Trust is looking for somebody to act as its Company Secretary.
The position involves the following tasks:
– To be the trust’s nominated contact with Companies House and to keep a record of
the museum’s trustees and other nominated officers up to date as a legal
record for a registered company
– To ensure the trust’s statutory accounts are submitted to Companies House
annually, in conjunction with the trust’s accountant
– To co-ordinate the annual AGM
– To attend board meetings and take minutes for the distribution to trustees afterwards. Meetings are generally held every two months
– To deal with correspondence and e-mails relating to the trust as a company
The position is voluntary and should occupy no more than five hours per month. Good administrative and/or secretarial skills would be an advantage in carrying out the role.
Over the last four years, Portland Museum Trust has won several grants from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Art Fund and Arts Council England, amongst others, to produce several exciting projects. See the Rufus Castle and Earl of Abergavenny sections of our website for examples of what our team has achieved.
We are dedicated to working with the community to protect and promote the rich heritage of the Isle of Portland and would warmly welcome another like minded individual in joining our team.
For further details or to express your interest, please contact the Museum Administrator or Chair of Trustees at Portland Museum on 01305 821804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.