Come and work with us!
by Portland Museum
PORTLAND MUSEUM TRUST
(For a fixed term of 12 months)
Starting Date March 1st 2022
Portland Museum Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with exceptional organisational and IT skills, to co-ordinate and manage a wide range of day to day operational and administrative activities that support the museum’s function as a popular heritage attraction in Dorset.
The museum administrator will work closely with the trustees, advisers and volunteers but will use their own initiative in carrying out many of the day to day activities.
The post has become available due to the secondment of the museum manager to a new digitisation project within the museum.
This is a part-time post based on 4 days/week. It is anticipated that the person appointed will be prepared to work flexible hours (longer hours during our open season, April – October, balanced by reduced hours during the closed season) with some weekend duties during the open season.
This a fixed term contract for 12 months based on £18,933 – £19,698 depending on experience, pro rata
Please email your CV and covering letter to Angela Scott at
firstname.lastname@example.org or post c/o Portland Museum, 217 Wakeham, Portland, Dorset DT5 1HS.
Closing date Friday 11th February 2022. Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 14th February 2022.
- Volunteer recruitment, training and co-ordination; organisation of staff rota to ensure front of house is covered during open season and events
- Cleaning of museum and exhibits with volunteers
- Administration: checking of utilities & alarms, keeping diary/calendar of events, basic paperwork completion for donated objects, ensuring museum adheres to all H&S regulations with nominated trustee
- Payments: petty cash and banking at PO
- Communications: replying to emails/enquiries in a timely fashion
- IT: using Word, Excel, CCTV, Zettle, Mailchimp
- Retail: overseeing shop management, using Zettle, liaison with volunteer shop manager
- Trustee liaison: schedule a short weekly meeting with your line manager, contact appropriate trustee when needed, write a bimonthly operations report for trustees
Portland Museum is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities and strives to create a work place that reflects the community we serve.
We welcome everyone irrespective of age, gender, ability, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.